Thursday, September 4, 2008

How you know your kid watches too much T.V.

I have a bad habit of thinking that the things I have to do are more important than taking time to really listen and talk to my kids. Well, yesterday I decided to take some time and sit down with Avery for a little chat. It wasn't long before she was telling me about a toy that she wanted.

"Mom, I want the mermaid who flips her tail by herself," she says.

"Oh, is that something you saw on t.v.?" I ask.

"Yes," she says seriously. "But the batteries are not included!"

It took me a while to stop laughing. You know when your child starts quoting commercials, she probably watches too much television.

2 comments:

tiff said...

my kids are the worst at that- they begged me for weeks to get them blendy pens-they had the whole commercial memorized.

Kirsti said...

that is so funny! she is so smart!