Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rockin' 6 year old

It is hard to believe but my oldest child is 6 years old! Our rule here is 'no friends parties until after you start school." So, Avery had her first friend party this year. I think I am going to make another rule--"Friend parties every other year (maybe)." This will help me stay sane. Avery chose a rock star themed party and was able to invite 5 friends. When they arrived, they stopped into the "dressing room" for hair and makeup. They designed their own makeup and got to choose from pink and glitter hairspray. Then they got their pictures taken. My brother in law created these cool Rock Band backgrounds.



We played lots of games, decorated rock star sunglasses, and ate cake and ice cream.


Avery got "Just Dance" for the WII and we were able to let three girls dance at a time. Even though it was a lot of work for me, Avery and all her friends had a blast! Happy Birthday my baby girl!

5 comments:

Paxton said...

what a really cool birthday party! and what a great idea to take pictures :-) good job!

RAPN! said...

Brooklyn had a blast at the party. She is now telling everyone that I am giving her a Hannah Montana Rock Star Swim Party!! HAHA :)

Mimi said...

I heard that rumor about Brooklyn's party too! Kenna loved it and I love the cake! Did you make that. Really you are a woman with mad skills.

Coon Family said...

You are so creative, I love it! Looks like she had a great time! Six, wow! Where does the time go?

mom rhodes said...

What a cute bunch of kiddies.