Let me begin by saying--I LOVE FAMILY VACATIONS! Mark and I have been on very few in our married life because of jobs, budget, timing, etc. I have been know to be very conscious of the "money situation" and have cringed at the thought of spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on eating out, tickets, hotels and such.
Well, we had an opportunity to go to Branson, MO this weekend and live it up with all the "senior citizens". I must say, it was also very appealing to the younger crowd as well. Also, there are a lot of ways around spending a ton of money there so...
DO--Try to plan ahead and find tickets and hotels online.
DON'T--Be such a stickler about money that you can't have fun.
Before we leave our house for any amount of time, I am obsessive compulsive about cleaning it. You know--"Leave no stinkies to return home to!" The last things I do before I leave the house are take out all garbage, flush toilets, check for used diapers everywhere. One thing I missed this time that I never will again...
DO--Make sure your oven is completely turned off. I just can't wait to see my gas bill and I'm grateful my house didn't burn down.
DON'T--forget to smile because your kids get to go make a mess somewhere else this weekend and you won't have clean it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment