I went to the doctor on Tuesday last week and she informed me I was dilated to 4cm but because I was only 37 weeks, we had to just wait and see what happened. The doctor also told me she was scheduled to leave town on Friday and wouldn't be back for weeks. This concerned me because she was willing to do a VBAC and some of the other doctors are not so willing. I wanted her to deliver my baby. She told me to come back later in the week if I wanted her to check me again. I decided Thursday morning to make an appointment to have her check again. She checked me at 2pm and I was dilated to 5cm almost 6cm. You can imagine my relief when she said she would not send me home. I checked into the hospital at 2:30. Mark hurried home from his appointment which was 85 miles away. The doctor broke my water at 6pm. She was going to start me on Pitocin but never needed to. I got my epidural which only worked for a little while. I don't have much luck with epidurals I guess. I was having lots of pain and started pushing about 8pm. Spencer must have been really ready to come because he was down the birth canal in 8 pushes--15 minutes. Honestly, I thought I was going to die, but when he was born, it was well worth all the pain.
I am still in shock that I pushed a 9 lb baby out. I asked my mom how she did it 4 times. She is amazing. Mom has been here since last Friday and it has been wonderful. I've been able to spend guiltless days locked in my room with the baby. I don't have to cook or clean or take care of the girls. It's wonderful!
7 comments:
Congrats on the beautiful new baby boy!! Spencer Abram Is perfect! I am glad that you guys found a name for this little angel. Well Its good to hear that you have some help! Maybe when things calm down we can come see that little stinker!! Hope all is well!
What a cutie. So sorry your epidural didn't work. Glad everything went well and you didn't have to endure the full 40 weeks!
Love the story! I love reading people's labor stories, so I am glad you posted it. It sounds like things went pretty fast. Can you imagine how big her would be if he wait any longer to come? Glad he came when he did!
Lake he is so cute. Hats off to you. 9lbs of baby in 15 minutes. You are amazing. I guess I know who to contact for labor and delivery advice. Congrats!!
Congrats, and thanks for sharing the story! I, too, love hearing others delivery stories!
Yeah Lake!!! You will love that baby boy...boys are so fun!!!
Congrats on pushing that little boy out...or should I say big boy!
He is cute. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment