Thursday, January 1, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I have fallen behing once again on my blogging. So, I'm updating on our wonderful holiday season finally. We spent Christmas eve and Christmas day here in Houston. It was wonderful to be able to celebrate in our home and party with our family who lives here. The girls thouroughly enjoyed the getting and giving of presents this year.



Spencer didn't care either way as long as all his needs were met.


We hopped in the car early on the 26th and headed to Nashville. Other than one minor setback (Sarah puking) we made it in a timely manor and had a blast with Mom, Dad, Park, Cyd and April's family. We went to the Opryland hotel for some dinner and entertainment. We also saw the Grinch Ice Exhibit. We had to wear heavy coats through this giant freezer where everything was made out of ice. We even slid down the ice slides. I am not made for those freezing temperatures and was very grateful to get out.




We enjoyed seeing this charming little fairy tale movie--The Tale of Despereaux.
Last night we partied like it was 2009! Truthfully though, I could barely keep my eyes opened and all the children were asleep well before midnight. I am looking forward to this new year. I have been pondering my own New Years resolutions. I really feel like this is going to be a great year!

2 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

My new little baby Grant wore that same outfit Spencer has on for Christmas. Too cute!

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

that is so cool. I have to admit that I love the Grinch! He is one of my favorite characters!! I bet the kids thought that was awesome!! I think that is awesome myself! I hope you guys had an amazing time with your family! I am glad to hear you made it there and back safely!